Au pairs… do you need to see a doctor or a dentist?
Neigborcare Health is the largest provider of primary medical and dental care in the Seattle area for low-income individuals. Neighborcare Health has more than 15 locations and has been providing medical service to the Seattle community for almost 50 years.
One of our au pairs recently had a dental issue and visited the Neighborcare clinic at Pacific Tower. She said “the staff was really friendly and the price for service is very low.”
Here’s how it works:
- Find a clinic that meets your needs
- Make an eligibility appointment and a doctor/dentist appointment
- Bring proof of identity and residence (WA state driver’s license or ID card)
- Bring proof of income:
- a letter from your host family stating how much you earn per week (and verifying your address – see sample letter below)
- paystubs or deposit slip for your checks for 30 days
- tax information (if available/applicable – optional)
The costs vary by service but as an au pair, earning a small income, you will qualify for low-cost service. The fee for the visit will likely total between $20-$50.
To learn more, visit the Neighborcare Health website.
Sample Letter from Host Family:
Contact me directly if you have any questions or need assistance.